Phone: 314-428-1128

Community Fire Protection District
New monitors Save Family
Updated On: May 31, 2016

 

 A 29 year old lady and her family, had the good fortune of deciding to do her shopping at Overland Plaza recently. While there she experienced chest pain and shortness of breath and an ambulance was called. The Community Fire Protection District responded with an ambulance from the engine house in Overland. On arrival the crew placed her on the Life Pak 15 for an EKG and oxygen saturation reading. The monitor immediately alarmed showing an elevated met hemoglobin of 3% and a carbon monoxide reading of 37%. She was placed on high flow oxygen and transported to a hospital for hyperbaric oxygen therapy. A call was placed to her residence and it was evacuated and the other family members were sent to medical treatment. An evaluation by the gas company found a faulty flu on the hot water heater. 


-
  • Community Fire Protection District

    Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



  • Top of Page image